I provide consulting services to organizations committed to social change especially for people of color and others from underserved communities.
I work with staff to find creative, culturally appropriate strategies to advance the mission of their organization. I work from a culturally- and assets-based, shared values philosophy reflective of the organization, and community the organization represents. I provide technical support in the following areas:
- Coaching staff
- Facilitating meetings, retreats and processes
- Developing team building exercises and facilitating discussions to create healthy work environments
- Technical writing for grants, reports, fund development and press releases
- Creating learning environments for diverse groups and individuals to share resources and achieve common goals
- Enhancing the capacity of emerging leaders
- Conceptualizing and animating a process; i.e., moving ideas into action
- Board and fund development including trainings
- Strategic planning and goals development
- Interim staffing to maintain continuity during staff turn-over or other transitions
- Recruiting, hiring and orienting permanent staff
The first step in my consulting approach is to listen, learn and encourage the co-design of a partnership.
This stems from a main tenet of my philosophy: the most appropriate solutions and strategies for a community’s success should come from the community.
In co-designing our process, I acknowledge and champion the expertise of those living and working in the community. I encourage mutual learning and strive to create a process where awareness and contemplation are prioritized and thoughtful strategies and action steps can be developed and committed to.
I am a graduate of the National Community Development Institute Professional Development for Consultants program and a member of the PDC Network as a source for enhancing my skills and maintaining a pool of resources from which I can seek assistance on behalf of my clients as needed.